I don’t really know if or how this’ll work, but I figure it’s worth a try. While you’re all locked at home in your individual countries/cities/houses/rooms, you may request help here on any maths problem, of any level: just ask your question in a comment on this post.
God knows what will happen, but I will do my best to give you some guidance in a reasonably prompt manner (within a day-ish).* Others are of course free to offer help, and if they do so then I will try to ensure any subsequent discussion progresses naturally and helpfully.
A couple quick points:
- Do your best to ask the question briefly but clearly, and indicate why you’re asking it.
- Hopefully LaTeX works in the comments (try $ latex [Your LaTeX code] $ ).
- If the question is small and easily resolved then the discussion can stay on this page; for more involved questions, I’ll create a separate post for the discussion.
- Please ask new (unrelated) questions in new comments, rather than replies to existing comments.
- My approach to this kind of teaching is to be pretty Socratic, to try lead a student to the answer, rather than just providing the answer. So, don’t be surprised if you’re asked to go away and ponder some specific aspect of the question.
- I don’t particularly care if the question comes from an assignment or whatever, though I prefer honesty on this point. (And, the more I suspect the question is somehow officially assigned work, the more Socratic I’m likely to be.)
- No CAS garbage, in either the questions or the replies. This will be ruthlessly enforced.
*) The Riemann hypothesis may take a little longer.
UPDATE (25/03/20) Here is MitPY 2 (change of base for logarithms).
UPDATE (28/03/20) MitPY 2 is done and dusted. Any offerings for MitPY 3?