Yes, of course we’ve read on this nonsense, as have probably most readers of this blog; it’s either that or reruns of Bachelor Chef Island. For those divorced from virtual reality, however, here is:
- an open letter trying to kick Steven Pinker out of the club;
- an open letter in Harper’s attacking cancel culture;
- an open letter attacking the attackers of “cancel culture”;
- [Space kept blank for the next iteration].
There are plenty of left-wing thugs pretending that “cancel culture” is a fraud, and there are plenty of right-wing thugs pretending that they and their thuggish cronies don’t play the same nasty sport. For us, the smartest takes are:
- Matt Taibbi: On “White Fragility”.
- Matt Taibbi: If it’s not “cancel culture”, what culture is it? (paywalled)
- Glenn Greenwald: “Cancel culture”, and a film on Martina Navratilova
But, really, “cancel culture” is what we gotta solve right now? One would think that being inundated with plague, and having the World heating to the point of no return, and with the three superpowers being led by homicidal maniacs, that would be plenty enough on our to-do list. But, if taking hair-trigger offense and being a Blockleiter is your thing then, sure, go ahead and have fun.
A new article:
- Matt Taibbi: The Left is Now the Right.
Read it. Yeah, you’re busy but, trust me, read it.